- Story of King Chitraketu, sovereign ruler of Earth planet.
- There was no democracy in Vedic concept. Vedic concept supports monarchy. Vedic kings were noble, wise and honest. Democracy is a situation better than the worst.
- All planets have one king. Moon's presiding king is Somadeva, Vivasvan is the king of Sun planet. The planets are not empty, ocean appears to be empty from the surface.
- Jupiter dominated by Brihaspati: Guru of demigods.
- Venus dominated by Sukracharya: Guru of demons.
- Inspite of being ruler of entire Earth planet Chitraketu Maharaj was unhappy. Angira Rishi accepted invitation of Chitraketu and blessed him for a son. Kritadyuti Chitraketu's wife begot a son. The other wives of Chitraketu became very envious of Kritadyuti and they killed this son. Narada and Angira Rishis came to Chitraketu and asked him what he wanted. His soul was called back and then Chitraketu Maharaj became detached.
- King Indradyumna became Gajendra the elephant due to the curse of Agatsya muni. Lost all his so called enjoyment when caught by the crocodile and cried out for help to Krsna.
- Ultimate objective of our existence is to develop our relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- Positive relationship begins with servitorship which doesn't mean slavery or employment.
- Expression of our love is through servitorship. A leaf as long as it serves the tree i.e. converts sunlight into food by photosynthesis it remains connected else falls of.
- Service is always out of love. Therefore Srila Prabhupada used the expression loving devotional service.
- Happiness is temporary cessation of painful situation. Actually we are not looking for happiness but ananda. Bliss and joy are it's near equivalents.
- Iskcon is an institution for making pure devotees. If we stay then someday we will achieve perfection.
- We have the opportunity of being in the spiritual sky right here by rendering service to Krsna.
- Just consider whether we are loving somebody for our own sake or for Krsna's sake. Therefore care for everyone in relation to Krsna.
Monday, 7 January 2013
Seminar By H.H.Bhakti Charu Swami Maharaj Happiness Simplified Session-2 (University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia) Date: 22nd December, 2012
Excerpts from the class
A: When we are chanting, we are asking Krsna for service. Then Krsna sitting in the heart will reveal what he wants from us and chanting will become meaningful when we do that as a service for Krsna.
Q: What is the difference between Sadhkas and Siddhas?
A: Sadhakas are practicing for perfection. Siddhas have achieved perfection.
Q: You mentioned the story of Gajendra in which we see that the crocodile was delivered by Vishnu first. Was it due to it's having held Gajendra a devotee's feet into its mouth for along time? How to serve those devotees who have shed gallons of blood to retain us in the movement till date? Does it fit in the analogy given by Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati correct that it literally takes gallons of blood to make a devotee?
A: It is a good way of looking at it. Yes, mood of gratitude is very favorable.