- Hare Krsna Mahamantra doesn't depend on diksha.
- dékñä-puraçcaryä-vidhi apekñä nä kare, jihvä-sparçe ä-caëòäla sabäre uddhäre
- dékñä-käle bhakta kare ätma-samarpaëa, sei-käle kåñëa täre kare ätma-sama
- Diksha is a process of official surrender to the representative of Krsna.
- Two needs of diksha. 1. to receive the mantra, 2. an official surrender to Krsna, accepted in the line of Srila Jiva Goswami
- Holy name is Krsna, but what makes the holy name not Krsna are offences.
- What does it mean to chant without offences? To meditate or focus the mind on the sound vibration. How to meditate on that? By listening carefully. Be very careful and attentive about hearing. When there are offences it is offensive chanting, then clearing stage and then comes pure chanting. Holy name is Krsna when it is pire chanting.
- Offensive chanting is chanting the offences, not the holy name but just the syllables.: Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakura
- Read Srila Prabhupada's books very carefully and regularly.
- Iskcon is Srila Prabhupada's ashram. He did not handover the ashram to anyone. He wanted the GBC to manage Iskcon. Don't ever think that Srila Prabhupada is not here. Srila Prabhupada is here through his books, his devotees, his temples and Iskcon itself.
Monday, 7 January 2013
H.H.Bhakti Charu Swami Maharaj gave Initiation lecture @ ISKCON Sydney on 29th December, 2012
Excerpts from the lecture.
The names of the initiated disciples are HG Prabhas Krsna das, Hg Radha Vandana devi dasi and HG Manasi Radhika devi dasi.
PS: In the context of Srila Prabhupada's succession Guru Maharaj also made a point once that Srila Prabhupada said all his followers will have his legacy. Guru Maharaj pointed out that he used the word followers not disciples. So whoever follows Srila Prabhupada will have his legacy and not just his disciples.