- 1. Sarga: creation
- 2. Visarga: secondary creation
- If Krsna is builder then Brahma is the interior decorator.
- 3. Sthanam: planetary systems (each universe has 14) comparison to the basement for 7 lower planetary systems. Cables as snakes, light bulbs as jewels, electricity as subtle fire. Snakes are famous for their fire. Poison is liquid fire.
- Inhaling, exhaling and retaining form the 3 aspects of breathing. When excited we breath fast and when we are calm we breath slowly.
- Svedeja: born from sweat, Udwijas: born from seeds, Andjas: born from eggs, Jarayujas: born from embryo i.e. animals and humans.
- In our body which is constituted the Kaph is the water aspect, Pitta is the fire aspect and Vayu is the air aspect.
- Out of the 5 elements of the material nature middle 3 i.e. water, fire and air are the most important.
- Pitta is pancreas: derives bile the fire aspect, similarly breathing is the air aspect.
- Apanvayu deals with excretion, Vyan deals with nervous system. Saman deals with equilibrium, Prana deals with respiratory system.
- 6. Manavantara: Different Manus.
- 7. Isanukatha: Actions of Supreme Personality of Godhead.
- 8. Virodha: Cessation of existence in material nature.
- 9. Mukti: Liberation from material bondage.
- 10. Asraya: Supreme shelter (Srila Prabhupada translated Summum Bonum)
- A king's man in the prison is his agent. Even if one is a prisoner and he applies to the king for redemption; then if a person is sincerely praying then although he may be living in the prison he is a king's man.
- A devotee's prayer is: My Lord, please forgive me. I know I made a mistake and I will not do it again. Then king may not free him immediately but he may be recognized as a suitable candidate for freedom and is treated as King's man. This prisoner then can indoctrinate others as well, that look I surrendered and I am getting all the facilities. Why don't you surrender as well?
- Guru Maharaj to Srila Prabhupada: I don't know Krsna, but I know you Srila Prabhupada and I offer myself to you.
a child is born he doesn't have to worry about his needs, his father
takes care, but if the child creates his own problem who can help him.
- Don't do it half heartedly, do it in the best possible way. Do it in a first class way, then first class people will come. Do things in such a way that you will be proud to be a part of this institution.
Monday, 7 January 2013
H.H.Bhakti Charu Swami gave class on [SB 5.19.1] 29th December, 2012 @ ISKCON Sydney, Australia
Excerpts from the class.
5th canto deals with descriptions of planetary system.
Q: How to make an application before the king for redemption?
A: By chanting His Holy Names. Praying O the all attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead. O the pleasure giving potency of the Lord. Please deliver me from this suffering condition. Please allow me to serve you.
Q: What is the best way to approach the king?
A: Not approaching the king directly, but the queen is very compassionate. Best way to approach king of kings is through His queen. His pleasure potency Srimati Radharani. King may be busy but the queen says that here is a very good devotee and the king accepts him thus.
Q: Srila Prabhupada write in last verse of SB !st canto third chapter that way to see Krsna in every word of Srimad Bhagavatam is by hearing from a person in prampara with rapt attention. How do we find Krsna in the 5th canto via the descriptions of the universe?
A: We should be very careful about guarding our faith. If descriptions of 5th canto don't make sense, we may skip them and take the blame upon us that it is due to our limited perception that I can't understand it. Bhakti Vinoda Thakura said 5th canto is a trap for the materialists, so that they get bewildered by these descriptions and don't go beyond.
Q: What is the best way to approach the queen?
A: The best way to approach the queen is through her girlfriend i.e. spiritual master.
Q: How does one guard one's faith?
A: To guard our faith always remain in association of devotees. But the association should be sajatiya, satavara and snigdha humble and caring not agitating.
Q: This is the highest thing but we have not seen Srila Prabhupada, how do we advance?
A: Never think that Srila Prabhupada is not here, he is here, through Iskcon. If someone comes to Iskcon, Srila Prabhupada will naturally take care of him. If this is the highest thing you have found then commit yourself fully.
Q: How do we surrender to Srila Prabhupada?
A: Sincerely following the process is non-different from dedicating oneself to Srila Prabhupada.
Q: Many a times there are difficulties in our devotional lives how to deal with them?
A: Don't deal with difficulties by yourself. If opportunity is there, go and dump your responsibilities and difficulties on the devotee you depend and rely upon. If you feel that your spiritual master is giving you trouble then you can go to Srila Prabhupada and tell him look this is what he has done to me. Grandfather is more merciful to his grandchildren then his own children.
Q: Should we execute devotional service when it is comfortable and we have less material difficulties?
A: It is not a matter of being in a comfortable situation, but wherever it is conducive to practice devotional service we should do there and practice. For ex, many of you might not have come to devotional service had you not come to Australia, do you agree with that? So whatever is conducive to devotional service just do that, if going to India is then do it, if staying in Sydney makes it conducive then do that.
Q: My work atmosphere is not spiritual, what do I do?
A: Create spiritual atmosphere wherever you are through preaching this mission, by indoctrinating them.